(Below please find a description of parts of the Healthcare bill, followed by directions on how to take action. Thank you for your activism! -- Crista Huff)
Here are some highlights from the first 300 pages of the Healthcare bill:
Page 50, Section 152 says that Healthcare will be provided to ALL non-US citizens, illegal or otherwise. Page 170, lines 1-3 say that any Nonresident Alien is exempt from individual taxes to cover the cost of their medical plans. (Tax-paying American citizens will pay for them.)
Other specific line items, which are easy to find in the proposed bill, include:
1. Private medical insurers are not allowed to enroll ANY new customers as of the first day that the government plan begins.
2. All citizens or businesses who refuse to enroll in the government plan will pay financial penalties.
3. Healthcare will be rationed, especially for senior citizens.
4. Doctors will be penalized if a patient, who has recently been in the hospital, returns in the near-term for a readmission.
5. Doctors' salaries/incomes will be decided upon by the government.
6. All citizens WILL pay for their healthcare via debit of their direct financial accounts.
7. The government WILL audit the books of all employers that self-insure.
8. The government will set the prices for ALL private health plans.
9. There will be a government committee which decides the treatments/benefits you get.
10. The government will have a database of your personal and financial information.
11. The government is creating a Healthcare Exchange to bring private Healthcare plans under government control. The government mandates ALL benefit packages for private Healthcare plans in the Exchange.
12. The government will raise taxes on all people to fund the healthcare plan, as they see fit. (Have you noticed that the pro-government healthcare advertising keeps referring to this plan as "free"?)
13. The Treasury Dept. is authorized to take money from Social Security to pay for healthcare.
As a retired Vice President of Morgan Stanley, I'd like to stress that investment markets are designed to function under capitalism (free markets), not under socialism. Therefore, in addition to saying goodbye to your current levels of taxation and healthcare, say goodbye to your asset values if this bill passes.
Read about the Healthcare bill: http://www.patientsunitednow.com/. (Many more articles at the end of this email.)
Take action! Call your Representatives and Senators in Washington D.C. Tell them to vote "no" on government healthcare. The healthcare vote is imminent!
Representative Mike Coffman (R-CO) 202-225-7882
Senator Michael Bennet (D-CO) 202-224-5852
Senator Mark Udall (D-CO) 202-224-5941
All Senators: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
All Representatives: http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml
Take action! Contact this vulnerable legislator and urge him to vote "no":
Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) ph. (202) 224-3744 fax (202) 224-6020
(When his staff asks for your zip code, tell them 52401 Cedar Rapids, 51501 Council Bluffs, 52801 Davenport or 50309 Des Moines.)
Take action! Sign the petition at http://www.freeourhealthcarenow.com/
(Thank you to fellow conservatives who provided this and other healthcare information: Laurie Bratten, Rita Hyland, Sofie Inkpen, Michelle Morin, Joy Wharton.)
* * * *
More articles and videos from Michelle Morin:
At Least 62 Dems have publicly opposed some key provision of health care: http://campaigndiaries.com/2009/07/19/at-least-61-house-dems/
President Barack Obama warns Congress not to slow effort to overhaul health care: http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2009/07/obama_warns_congress_not_to_sl.html
Importing the Uninsured; Immigration could trip up the Democrats’ planned health-care takeover: http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NDliZWM0MjI4MTA5ZTZlOGJlZmUxMzY1ZmJiNzUxYWE
Video Blog from Take Back Medicine: http://www.takebackmedicine.com/video
ObamaCare is an Economy Killer: http://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/17/morning-bell-obamacare-is-an-economy-killer/
The Senate Health Bill: Chock Full of Bad Policy: http://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/17/the-senate-health-bill-chock-full-of-bad-health-policy/
Stealth Agenda in Health-Care Bill: Early Childhood Home Visitation: http://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/17/stealth-agenda-in-health-care-bill-early-childhood-home-visitation/
In Case You Missed It: Government Health Care in Pictures: http://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/16/in-case-you-missed-it-government-health-care-in-pictures/
Bombshell: House Health Bill Makes Private Medical Insurance Illegal: http://patriotroom.com/article/bombshell-house-health-bill-makes-private-medical-insurance-illegal
Help AFP Examine the Health Care Bill, read it here: http://americansforprosperity.org/examine-the-bill
The Health Care Reform Bill in its Own Words: http://blog.ntu.org/main/post.php?post_id=4771