May 1 update: This bill looks dead in committee; NRA no longer very concerned; will monitor the bill's death. Thank you for your activism!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply. Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
1. It is registered
2. You are fingerprinted
3. You supply a current Driver's License
4. You supply your Social Security #
5. You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
6. Each update/change of ownership through private/public sale must be reported & costs $25.
Failure to do so: you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense: chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.
Action Steps, in order of importance and effectiveness:
1. Call your U.S. Representative and ask him/her to oppose the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. U.S. Capitol switchboard 202-224-3121, and you can google their office info, too.
2. Call the United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security and ask them to oppose the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. U.S. Capitol switchboard 202-224-3121, and you can google their office info, too.
Committee members include Democrats: Rep. Robert Scott, Chairman, VA; Pedro Pierluisi, Puerto Rico; Jerrold Nadler, NY; Zoe Lofgren, CA; Sheila Jackson Lee, TX; Maxine Waters, CA; Steve Cohen, TN; Anthony Weiner, NY; Debbie Wasserman Schultz, FL. (These are Congressmen.)
Republicans: Rep. Louie Gohmert, TX; Ted Poe, TX; Bob Goodlatte, VA; Dan Lungren, CA; Randy Forbes, VA and Tom Rooney FL. (These are Congressmen.)
3. Give this information to people you know who are conservative voters, hunters, current & ex-military, and patriots. None of these people will be offended by receiving a political alert about guns. Think big -- forward this to people in other states. It's their country too!
4. Find a local gun shop or shooting range in your phone book. Send them this info. Ask them to give a copy to all clients, and forward it to their client email list.
5. If you’re brave, forward this info to others you know, such as relatives, parents from school, neighbors, friends from church, co-workers, and people in your book club, bunco & bridge groups.
This legislation will take a while to work its way through Congress. It’s not happening tomorrow, so you have time to print this out and contact one or two legislators each day. You can keep track of the bill’s progress at this website:
Thank you all for your efforts. We’ve made quite a bit of progress via public outcry lately, including in-state tuition for illegal aliens in CO (killed), HR 669 (killed) and the raiding of Pinnacol Assurance in CO (averted). Please stay on top of your activism, and find more voters who are willing to get involved. If you don't know what to do with those voters, provide them with a link to this website.
Blessings to you all!